Monday, April 20, 2015

Struggling to use Tinkercad

These couple of weeks, I have been working on getting the Tinkercad to work. It is really hard for me to navigate and I am trying to learn to create a simple design, but it is proving difficult. Even watching several tutorials, I am having difficulty even making a simple pattern. However, I have figured out which type of material to use for the main part of the mouthpiece to use: silicone. I have yet to find out if I am allowed to use the 3D printer that is on campus, but I plan on finding out. Even if I am able to use the 3D printer, I don’t know if I will be able to learn to design quickly enough. Trying to use this program has been taking up most of my genius hour time, and I am still finding it difficult.


I would like to find someone that can help me design this chew. I feel like I need to spend more time on the other components of the chew rather than the just the plastic part. For the absorbent layer, I will probably use some microfiber cloth to absorb the saliva instead of some sponge. I realize that any sort of reusable cloth is not sanitary, so I am still having trouble figuring that part out.           

4 comments:

  1. It's cool to see your idea become a reality after all the work you've put in. I think it would be great if you could use the 3D printer on campus, because then you can most likely find someone to help you. Someone can show you how to use the printer and hopefully speed up the learning process. I hope you are able to figure out the 3D printer and actually make your product. Also, how are you going to figure out what to use for the absorbent part? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shereen,

    I applaud you for your strides using Tinkercad. Making 3D models of an actual product can be daunting and a real challenge, but your persistence is impressive. As for individuals that can assist you in making this collar, you could call upon the help of my close friend who is currently studying graphic design at a university. I am sure he would be happy to help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shereen! Your idea and project sounds awesome! Many people will be able to benefit from this. Learning new software is very hard to do sometimes. Maybe you could ask around and see if anyone could help you work on it. I'm sure someone at our school knows how to use Tinkercad. I hope you can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have come so far since I last read one of your posts. I love the design ideas and materials being used in the process. Also, for the absorbent part, maybe you could use like a foam or shamwow type cloth. I feel like that is going to be the hardest part of your project.Good Luck! And also what will you do with it after the project is due?

    ReplyDelete